When people searches the information in the web search engine (Google, Yahoo) using the specific keywords or relevant search terms, an effective result is expected. SEO comes into picture in such cases. SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the process in which the visibility of a web page is made available to the targeted audience through a search engine.
Search engines only displays the authority pages to the top of its rankings. Even the content is great, it doesn’t makes sense unless the web page is displayed when people searches for it.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) ensures that a website can be found and displayed in search engines with the help of specific keywords or relevant phrases related to the website.
Based on an approximation value 80% of search engine users navigates only the first page of the search results. The remaining 20% users are observed to be navigating the 1st. 2nd. and 3rd. pages.
For example please search the word "Shinjuku ramen”, It displays10 million search results. Within this single search word there millions of rival struggling for the same objectives to become superior in that activity.
Out of millions of pages found, the users just view maximum up to 3 pages. The websites on 4th page onwards are never visited.
This means that there is a heavy competition between the websites to be ranked and displayed within first top pages. SEO is essential to differentiate the websites from one another and strengthening them with unique features so as to generate profits from the home page.
As we understand from the above analysis that there is very less possibility (below 8%) of navigating the websites beyond the top 3 pages (beyond 30th position).
Many small and medium size business has mistaken as they only made the homepage for their business but it doesn’t expedite the sales. Therefore, it becomes important to refine the search keywords and boost up your home page to result it in the top rank of search engine.